Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I feel like dancing!

After more that a year I went out last weekend. I don't mean out to dinner, which my hubby anad I do occasionally, or going around to someone's house for a barbie, but OUT. A girls night out to be precise, and I had a ball. I maxed out on my painkillers, had a few drinks and danced!!!!! Last time I tried that I managed to last maybe for 1 1/2 tracks. The hydrotherapy must be paying off because I danced for hours. Sure, I needed to top up my pain meds, sure I had a few more drinks - I'm not supposed to mix the 2, but after that long a time of not doing something that you love to do, you tend to say "stuff it". Hello to my fellow students that I bumped into along the way, no you weren't hallucinating, I really did go to the Tourist, no 96 and the Vic. I even went upstairs to the night club at the Vic. That pushed the limits a bit though; after all I'm not quite as young as I used to be:) My husband and the kids were away for all of the school holidays and it was the night before they returned, so the timing couldn't have been better. I woke up a little seedy and spent the next 3 days getting my pain levels back to normal, but it was SO worth it.

Dress-up, whack on some makeup and heels, buy some nice drinbks (other than beer...) and boogie! Thanks girls.

No comments: